A Liebster Award Nomination!Posted: March 11, 2013
I’ve been given the widely coveted (okay, truthfully I’d never heard of it before, but I’m sure people want this) Liebster Award nomination by the funny mom blogger Cristyl at CHill Thoughts. I’m so honored, and even more grateful that it introduced me to not only Cristyl and her blog, but the others that she nominated as well! Be sure to check out CHill Thoughts for more from Cristyl!
On to the award nomination details:
- I crave sweets so often that every tooth in my mouth must be a sweet one. It’s my biggest struggle when it comes to trying to maintain a healthy diet.
- Dancing is my favorite form of exercise. I
used tostill like to watch myself dance in a mirror or window reflection… It needs to look good to be beneficial, right??
- My favorite shape is a heart, even though it always makes me think, “Why is it called a ‘heart’ when a real, blood-pumping heart is not shaped the same as the shape?”
- I spend way too much time on social media websites. Anyone know of a ten-step program for that?
- I often (as in daily) come up with AWESOME ideas… that rarely are put into action.
- My favorite TV show is Project Runway. This season, my favorite designer is Patricia, even though she seems a bit difficult to work with.
- I’m currently reading four different books: The Bible. More Build It Big (a direct-sales self-help book). Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. And I just started Hunger Games. I like to read my Bible first thing in the morning, and the others I rotate and read during my little CFer’s breathing treatments times or when my husband is watching something on the History channel.
- I met my husband in a bowling alley. It’s really not a glamorous beginning to our story, but I love the middle is going. 🙂
- My favorite superhero is Iron Man (the fact that he’s played by Robert Downey Jr probably has something to do with that.)
- I am one of those people who can find the good in just about every situation, and I like to think about other people’s point of view when it comes to a disagreement. Sometimes people feel like that means I’m not taking their side. I guess I tend to take everyone’s side.
- My favorite thing to do with my children is color in coloring books. I’m not great at drawing, but I love making things colorful (maybe that’s why I chose to sell makeup for a living??).
Answers to the 11 Questions from Cristyl:
- What is your favorite color? Any particular reason why? Green. I think because of my Irish heritage and the fact that it’s a good color for redheads.
- If you had to name a defining moment in your life, what would it be? Sounds cheesy, but when I became a mom. I was young, and it was unplanned and changed my life so much for the better.
- If you could choose a super-hero power, what would you pick? Why? Even though Aquaman gets a bad rap for having a weak superpower, I always wanted to be a mermaid when I was little and be able to swim in the ocean just like the dolphins. I’d still love that!
- What is your favorite book? For someone who has a B.A. in English and reads up to four books at any given time, this is an extremely difficult question to answer. However, I can definitely say that my favorite modern series is Lee Child’s Jack Reacher series, and Mark Twain is my favorite classic American author.
- Do you have a hobby/hobbies? What is it? Blogging, reading, scrap-booking.
- What’s the farthest from home you’ve ever travelled? Las Vegas, NV or the Grand Canyon, whichever is further west!
- What’s the most important thing to you on your bucket list? To be a published author.
- Could you live as a vegetarian? Vegetarians and vegans: Would you ever choose to eat meat? Why? I probably could be a vegetarian. The only meat I would truly miss is chicken. I don’t think I could ever do vegan though.
- What’s your favorite website? This is another hard question! There are so many websites that I love! One new website that I enjoy is called Happify, where you do activities and games that are supposed to help promote happiness. It’s fun and interesting.
- Are you right or left handed? If you could change, would you? I’m a righty, and I don’t see any reason to change.
- If you could pick your own name, what would it be? OR, what is your nickname? I was named after Laura Ingalls Wilder, and it just so happens that I looked a lot like Melissa Gilbert who played Laura in The Little House on the Prarie TV show when I was little (and some say I look like her now, although I don’t see that as much), so I really don’t think I would change my name. My nickname from my hubby is “Red.”
And my nominees are….
- Be An Acorn
- Making Changes for Me
- The Voice from the Backseat
- Restraint Unfettered (I believe Emma also nominated me for an award some time ago, but I never got around to posting about it! Thank you, Emma!) 🙂
- Home Is What You Make It
- Bella’s Blog
- My First Blog 2013
- Keep It Neat
- This Is Eli
- The Diary of a CF Grizzly Mama
- Many Hats of a Mom
(I apologize in advance if some of you have more than 200 followers. For some, the total was not listed!)
11 Questions for New Nominees:
- What is your favorite city?
- What is your favorite workout/exercise?
- What is your favorite family activity?
- How would you spend $1,000,000?
- What current goal are you working on?
- Pinterest: Time-waster or Life-saver?
- What is your favorite book?
- Name one thing you’re proud of.
- What kind of music do you enjoy?
- On average, how much sleep do you get each day?
- What is one thing you’re going to miss about winter (or whichever season you’re currently in)?
Thanks again to Cristyl for nominating me, and for all of my nominees who want to participate! And to my readers who had nothing to do with this post, but who stuck it out to the end anyway. 😉