My First Blogger Award (These things are so underrated!)Posted: July 27, 2012
I feel so blessed to say that The Water Bearer over at Inner Angels & Enemies has nominated my blog for it’s first blogger award. Since I began blogging back in January, I have read many posts about bloggers being nominated for these awards. In addition to being a great way to find other blogs that you can relate to and get your blog’s name out there too, it always sounded very impressive, and I imagined I would feel excited and honored, should I ever be so lucky to receive an award on my own blog. Now that I have been nominated, I have to say that I was completely underrating how I would react. I am overjoyed to have been chosen as a “Very Inspiring Blogger.”
First, the fellow blogger from whom I have received this nomination has such an honest, thought out, well-written, and deeply prayed about blog. She is a woman so amazingly uplifted by faith and yet grounded by life, that I find her to be extremely inspiring and relatable. The fact that such an awesome person can find inspiration in my thoughts… well, that just feels so good.
Second, the blogosphere on WordPress is big. HUGE. GLOBAL. There are so many blogs out there, all of which come from the mind, heart, and soul of amazing, unique, and inspiring people from all around the world. Being somewhat of a newbie blogger, it still seems unbelievably impressive to me when someone simply takes the time to read what I have to say, let alone ends up enjoying it, and even better still when it touches them in some way. When someone comments on one of my posts, and they tell me that they found my thoughts to be inspiring… well, that just feels so good.
Third, I have clicked on every one of the follow bloggers who were also nominated by The Water Bearer. I clicked on several different posts that caught my eye for each blog. I clicked on the “About Me” section to learn more about each blogger. And with each click, I was inspired all around. There are so many talented, inspiring bloggers who have been drudged through life at one time or another, but have chosen to share their stories and turn it into something that is wonderfully inspiring. To be considered as an equal to so many amazing people… well, that just feel so good.
Finally, my purpose is to inspire. I have such a passion for what I write about. For those who know me in real life, know that my family means the world to me. So much so that I don’t take a lot of time away from them. I feel guilty at times when I want to take time to blog, because I know that I could be spending it with them, as opposed to writing about them. However, blogging is something that I have quickly come to enjoy, and if I can inspire someone else with the words that I churn out of this ol’ noggin… well, that just feels so good.
Thank you, my friend at Inner Angels & Enemies, for connecting me with such amazing people, for always sharing your thoughts, and for the inspiration that is your little space in the vast world of blogging.
Without further delay, I present to you the rules that I shall follow upon receiving this award:
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
- Post the blog award image on your page.
- Tell 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other blogs and let the nominees know they have been chosen
Seven Things About Me:
- I am a redhead, a part of a dying breed, or so I have heard. Darn those recessive genes!
- I held four records for track & field during high school, and I was surprisingly sad when I discovered that every record had been broken a few years after I graduated. My “legacy” hath been removed.
- I have one younger sister, and I received word this weekend that she is expecting. Finding out that I am going to be an aunt for the very first time was like winning a new car on The Price Is Right! (Jumping up and down, screaming, and disbelief included.)
- I watch the Price Is Right every day, and I try to memorize the prices of the prizes and “tricks” to the games that the contestants play, that it might give me an advantage, should I ever happen to be in California, obtain tickets to the show, get chosen as a contestant, and bid smartly enough to get on the stage.
- I’ve never been to California.
- My idea of a summer vacation is the type where very little is planned, other than relaxing on a beach, all day every day.
- My mom loves to plan several activities for each day of vacation, so there is sure to never be a dull moment, and never to be a day where we sleep past 8am. All but one vacation in my life has included my mom, and I wouldn’t have had it any other way. 🙂
The 15 Blogs that Inspire Me (some I’ve been following for a while, some I’ve just discovered, but all have made me think about my own life in a new perspective, somehow, someway):
- Insanity of Motherhood
- Mom in the Muddle
- Laura Grace Weldon
- The Wellness Quest
- The Livesay Lodge
- A Written Purpose
- Breathe In, Breathe Out
- Small Potatoes
- Lisa-Jo Baker
- Seeking Joyful Simplicity
- Happy Days
- Made for Victory
- Reclaiming LIFE
- Raising Rural Kids
- Passion for Family
I hope you enjoy some of my blogging favorites, old and new, and have a lovely, inspired weekend! 🙂